DDS OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR THE AUTISM WAIVER WILL BE HELD
OCTOBER 17th – OCTOBER 31st, 2018
Applications and information on the Autism Waiver are now available on the DDS/Autism division website and the MAC website.
Any enrollment forms submitted previously will be discarded.
Families must apply again during this open enrollment period to remain on the wait list.
Applications MUST be postmarked or emailed between October 17th and 31st
Important information on the Waiver:
- This crucial program allows MassHealth eligible children with autism to access intensive treatments and services in their homes and communities.
- The program is limited to children between the ages of 0-8 who are MassHealth eligible and at risk of residential placement now or at some point in the future.
- Eligible children are chosen for Autism Waiver services on a lottery basis and once chosen, receive intensive in-home therapies, services and supports for 3 years, or until the child reaches the age of 9. After 3 years the child is eligible for less intensive step-down services until age 9. The waiver also provides related support services such as community integration activities and respite.
- For the application go to: DDS/Autism division website or MAC’s website
- Click this link to find your local Autism Support Center to get help filling out the application
For more information contact Johanne Pino at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-357-8431 x3234
Massachusetts Advocates for Children
25 Kingston Street, 2nd. Floor, Boston, MA 02111
Tel. 617.357.8431 · Fax 617.357.8438 · massadvocates.org