1. BPS’ Office of Special Education Resources website can be found HERE (bit.ly/OSEResources). You will also find social/ visual stories about Coronavirus and school closures.
2. It is expected that students will receive outreach and google classroom time from their teachers prior to March 27th. It is not mandatory for students but strongly suggested to provide learning opportunities. If you do not hear from your teachers by March 27th, please let BPS know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
3. Individual Education Plan (IEP) annual reviews and some original reviews and reevaluations will be held virtually, if the parent(s) agrees. BPS office of special education will be sending additional information out about this.
4. If your child does not have access to a laptop, please fill out the Laptop Request Form Here.
5. If you have concerns about your child’s special education services and needs, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address is being monitored throughout the day, while staff work remotely.
6. While school is closed, BPS is providing free breakfast and lunch to all Boston families. Packaged meals may be picked up Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 11:30 aM. A list of BPS and city wide sites can be found HERE.
7. BPS can deliver meals to your home for your BPS student with IEP services that include door-to-door transportation, and any other BPS students in the household. If you would like to participate, please email email@example.com and let them know you want to be included in the BPS meal delivery service.
As additional information is shared, our board of parent volunteers will keep you posted. Please stay safe and feel free to reach out with concerns and/or questions.
twitter: @BostonSpedPac http://
SpedPac VM: 617.297.7335