Join Elizabeth McIntyre, Senior Attorney at Greater Boston Legal Services in a general information session.
Cabo Verdean Creole
Please read and only agree to a Covid-19 Compensatory Service plan that meets your child’s particular needs. It is a legal document and you have appeal rights just like those for an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Who is eligible for Covid-19 Compensatory Services (CCS)
What services are available?
- CCS Services are individualized similar to an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Any special education service, placement or accomdation that would help with your child’s individual regression as a result of COVID -19 is an option.
- The regression period is based on your child and may be from March 18th – June 30th or March 18th – February 1st.
- You are not limited to any particular options, if the standard options do not meet the needs of your child.
Examples of CCS
- Temporary placement Change
- Specialized rules-based reading program for a particular period of time
- Social Skills Group (that was not previously part of IEP)
- Addition of daily check-ins with a counselor for the next 5 months
- Transition Services beyond age 22
When would CCS Services be Provided?
- You may choose to develp the service plan but leave the date open until when in-person services are available for Covid-19 Compensatory Services.
- Specific services may be built into the school day dependent on your child’s needs and schedules.