March 26, 2015 GM
What options are available to our children after 22? We will present and discuss many of the options that are available to children with disabilities as they transition away from BPS.
Don Freedman – Lawyer – Rosenberg, Freedman & Lee LLP – website
- Guardianship – Provide continued care for special needs children over the age of 18
by securing a guardianship and conservatorship.
- ABLE – Achieving a Better Life Experience – New Savings options for Special Needs Children
Carolyn Kain – Chair – Boston SpedPac
- ARICA – The Massachusetts Autism Insurance Law or
Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- MassHealth – MA insurance options for children and adults with special needs.
- DOE/DDS Plans – MA Dept. of Education provides special education services and
accommodations to children with special needs.
JVS-Boston – website
- Transitions to Work Program – Provides on-site job trainings, internships and employment opportunities.
Files from the workshop