Are you looking to enroll your child in a program that will prepare them for a job/career? Look no further than Partner’s for Youth with Disabilities’ Career Readiness Program! We work with high school students ages 14-22 with a documented disability on everything from resumes and interviewing to advocacy in the workplace and so much more. Interested in learning more? Contact Rebecca Cronin at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-556-4075 ext 131.
Cabo Verdean Creole
Pickney Time StoryTime Wednesday, February 3, 2021 @4pm. Program 6 – Differently-Abled or dis-ABILITY
Shining the Light on Autism Spectrum and the Five Senses Overload.
Inclusion Education and Cultural Competency in a Caribbean Afterschool Program.
Youtube Blocker Chrome Extension (https://bit.ly/32XD3oE) – Restrict Chromebooks by Youtube channel and/or keywords in Youtube. This can be uninstalled by the student so we recommend periodic checks to make sure it is still in place.
Block Site Chrome Extension (https://bit.ly/2HfEXsS) – Blocks access to certain sites or keywords. The free version is limited but can be used if you only want to restrict certain sites. This also notifies the parent if the student uninstalls it from their Chromebook.
If the student is logged into the chromebook using their BPS email when the extension is installed, it should remain active even if the chromebook is shut down. The extensions can be uninstalled by the student.
The BPS Community Equity Roundtable is on Friday, January 29th at 11:00 AM. All are welcome. There will be an update on the Excellence For All (EFA) program and it is important to keep special education concerns highlighted in all these topics.
If your child has been restrained in school in the last 5 years and you would like to share your experience, please contact Daniel DeFraia (845) 901 0688.
Please read and only agree to a Covid-19 Compensatory Service plan that meets your child’s particular needs. It is a legal document and you have appeal rights just like those for an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Who is eligible for Covid-19 Compensatory Services (CCS)
What services are available?
- CCS Services are individualized similar to an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Any special education service, placement or accomdation that would help with your child’s individual regression as a result of COVID -19 is an option.
- The regression period is based on your child and may be from March 18th – June 30th or March 18th – February 1st.
- You are not limited to any particular options, if the standard options do not meet the needs of your child.
Examples of CCS
- Temporary placement Change
- Specialized rules-based reading program for a particular period of time
- Social Skills Group (that was not previously part of IEP)
- Addition of daily check-ins with a counselor for the next 5 months
- Transition Services beyond age 22
When would CCS Services be Provided?
- You may choose to develp the service plan but leave the date open until when in-person services are available for Covid-19 Compensatory Services.
- Specific services may be built into the school day dependent on your child’s needs and schedules.
REOPENING SCHOOLS COMMUNITY MEETING
Join Superintendent Brenda Cassellius on Zoom for a discussion on the reopening of schools. Click here for the Zoom link. You will receive a confirmation email and can submit your questions via email.